Usually I write these posts during the first week of the month, but March is becoming an extremely busy month inside and outside app development like February was. Here’s an overview of what I accomplished in app dev land during February.
- During the beginning of February I worked a little bit on my numbers game I’ve been working on. I finally decided on an art style to use for it, and I started making changes to the main graphics to reflect that decision. I’m very pleased with how it’s looking and playing so far. I can’t wait to eventually jump back into development on it, which will be after I finish a couple more updates in March.
- Speaking of updates, the rest of February was filled with iOS updates that included 64-support, and some of the apps received additional features. The first app I updated with 64-bit support was Ultra Soccer Match Soundboard. It recently received a few improvements in prior updates so for this update I just focused on 64-bit support for iOS.
- Jumbo Egg Hunt 2 received a 64-bit support and faster load time update. I also implemented full screen support on this update so now there are no wide black bars on the Apple versions.
- Word Owl’s Word Search Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade, & Christmas editions all received updates in February as well. All of these updates included 64-bit support, faster load times, themed loading icons, and…..universal support! Previously all four of these apps were iPad only on the Apple App Store, but now they’re playable on newer iPhone & iPod Touch devices. Click here to read more about the Word Owl’s Word Search app updates.
- I also worked on the awesome Ultra Retro Game Soundboard 1.4 update in February. This update included 64-bit support(iOS only), a favorites feature, full screen support, a themed loading icon, and new custom backgrounds because the original custom ones weren’t retro enough. The iOS version of the update was released in February and the Android(Amazon & Google Play) versions were released in the first week of March.
So yea February was packed with updates, and March has been also dedicated to updates so far. I didn’t have a lot of development time in February, but I worked hard when I did have it, and I tried to work as efficiently as possible. Some of the things taking up my time outside of app development are really important so I wouldn’t be upset if I didn’t get much done. However, I’m pleased and surprised with the amount of work I did in February given the small amount of time I had to do it. Until next time ∞