June wasn’t as bountiful as May in app development land, but May was a month packed with working on an app, finishing that app, releasing it, and then working on another app immediately after. I also had a lot of non app dev work going on, however, I did make some nice progress with one of my new apps. In June I continued working on the user interface on my new relaxation app. I decided to make the main features of the app the actual main menu/first screen so as soon as the app loads you can immediately go into a realm of relaxation. In the past couple of years I started to realize how important design is within apps and I’ve been intertwining development and design when possible. So instead of mainly developing/coding first or designing first, I often go back and forth between the two to see what looks and feels right.
While working on the user interface for this new app I had a hard time deciding on what font to use. I didn’t want the font to be too demanding to the eye, but I also didn’t want it to be seen as feeble. While deciding I looked at several complete words in different fonts next to each other and within the actual scene in which they would appear in the app. I basically ended up staring at a lot of font styles in different test environments until I eventually decided on one. I don’t plan on releasing this app until probably Fall or Winter this year so I’ll be working on another app that’s near completion in addition to this one in the month of July. Until next time ∞
One thought on “June Mobile App Development Report”
[…] (Crunchy Numbers Math Arcade), May (Crunchy Numbers Math Arcade, unfinished relaxation app), June (unfinished relaxation app), July (unfinished relaxation app, several minor updates, Survive in […]