Tag Archives: results

Two Day Mobile App Facebook Ad Campaign Results

11 Jan
2015

I ran a quick two-day ad campaign on Facebook for my app, Ultra Big Celebration Soundboard. It was a new app and it’s associated with New Years so I expected downloads to be decent during this time, but I wanted to give it a little extra push by running an ad campaign. It was a broad Apple device targeted campaign in a few countries, and I only spend a few dollars overall, but I’m satisfied with the results. Still testing Facebook ad campaigns to see if it’s worth it, but I think I’ll probably include them in my future marketing plans. Here’s the recent advertisement results.

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 8.50.41 PM

Placement: Where your ad was served on Facebook, for example on Newsfeed on a mobile device.

Reach: The number of people your ad was served to.

Frequency: The average number of times your ad was served to each person.

Impressions: The number of times your ad was served. On our mobile apps an ad is counted as served the first time it’s viewed. On all other Facebook interfaces, an ad is served the first time it’s placed in a person’s News Feed or each time it’s placed in the right column.

Clicks: The total number of clicks on your ad. Depending on what you’re promoting, this can include Page likes, event responses or app installs.

Unique Clicks: The total number of unique people who have clicked on your ad. For example, if 3 people click on the same ad 5 times, it will count as 3 unique clicks.

(Descriptions from Facebook. All rights go to them.)

Results from My First Facebook Ad Campaign

12 May
2013

Shortly after the release of Jumbo Egg Hunt 2 I decided to try promoting it with ads on Facebook. After researching the possible outcomes, and analyzing the process and costs, I decided to set up three separate ads for this one app.  This was my first ad experience on Facebook, but their process was very easy for me to understand and I was able to quickly set up targeted ads.

I only spent $22.36 but my ads had a combined campaign reach of over 90,000 in 12 days. The campaign reach amount is the number of unique users that saw the ad. The total number of ad impressions was over 190,000. I wish the CTR(click-through rate) would have been better, but considering my total amount spent, I’m still satisfied with the number of clicks received. I decided on having a small budget for each campaign since I was mainly using this as an experiment to test the waters of advertising on Facebook. I know some people absolutely avoid clicking on ads even if the product or service interests them. So there’s actually a good chance some people may have checked out the app without clicking on the advertisement.

I decided to post the graphs and data below for other independent app developers and/or anybody else that might be interested in advertising on Facebook. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me. I don’t disclose downloads/sales so please don’t ask about those numbers. Overall, I’m satisfied with my results, and I will consider setting up ads on Facebook again in the future. Well, its Mothers Day and I’m about the to meet up with my awesome mom & grandma so that’s it for this post. Happy Mothers Day to all the other wonderful moms out there!

JumboEggHunt2 Apple Facebook ad1

This ad targeted 80,182,460 people:
who live in one of the countries: United States or United Kingdom
who are in the broad category iOS/Apple (All) (Mobile users)

Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 3.31.33 PM

JumboEggHunt2 Amazon Facebook ad1

This ad targeted 102,620,020 people:
who live in one of the countries: United States or United Kingdom

Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 3.31.53 PM

JumboEggHunt2 Barnes&Noble Facebook ad1

This ad targeted 1,106,560 people:
who live in the United States
who like #Barnes & Noble Nook

Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 3.32.26 PM